Back story: The previous afternoon this boy (age 4) had been messing around in the bathroom, making silly noises and jumping around instead of getting in there and taking care of business. So I went to check things out and when I asked "What's going on in here?" He nonchalantly started crouching down into the position of getting ready to start a race as he asked "Hey you know what?" And when I warily said "What?" He totally farted at me and then jumped back up. I told him that was rude behavior and he was messing around too much and that he'd have to move his name to yellow on our behavior stoplight. This brought on a big fit and he cried and screamed "I hate you!" at me and turned on my coworker who hadn't done anything "And I hate you too!"
So the next morning when his mom dropped him off she told him he needed to apologize.
kid: I'm sorry I wasn't nice to you yesterday.
me: Let's try to have a better day today and make good choices instead of messing around and try to have nice words ok?
kid: Yeah....and any way I was just kidding.
me: But it wasn't funny, that was unacceptable behavior.
kid: Let me tell you what kidding means. It means I'm really sorry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment